Symptoms and Causes
What are the symptoms of athlete’s foot?
Athlete’s foot can present as any one or a combination of the following symptoms:
- Flat, red rash on inner thigh
How did I get athlete’s foot?
- Athlete's foot is most commonly contracted by coming into contact with an infected person or an object that has a fungus on it.
- Walking barefoot in locker rooms or around public pools or shower areas may increase the risk of contracting athlete's foot.
- People are most susceptible to athlete's foot when their feet are sweating or lack proper ventilation.
- Shoes create the ideal environment for fungus growth, as they provide a warm, moist environment.