Symptoms and Causes
What are the symptoms of jock itch?
Jock itch can present as any one or a combination of the following symptoms:
- Flat, red rash on inner thigh
How did I get jock itch?
- Jock itch is most commonly contracted by coming into contact with clothing or towels contaminated with the fungus. It can be spread from an athlete’s foot outbreak.
- Jock itch may also be caused by the spread of athlete's foot fungus to the groin.
- The groin area provides a warm and humid environment, which encourages fungus growth.
- Excessive perspiration can also encourage fungus growth.